This is the next in a series on ways to use left over Barbecued Chuck Roast. This recipe is perfect to make at the campsite because the ingredients are easy to store and the only thing you need to keep cold is the sliced chuck roast itself. The result is a lightly smoky beef burrito. Yum!
- 1lb Barbecued Chuck Roast
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (I used Southwestern Style with green chiles)
- 1 15.5oz can of black beans, pinto beans, or chili beans (I used chili beans in chili sauce so I didn’t need to use extra seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups of 5-minute rice
- 8 flour burrito shells
- Shredded cheese
- Large Skillet with Lid
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda’s
- You could make the same recipe with grilled steak, chicken, or pork.
- Add some corn or other veggies to the mixture before adding the rice
- Add hot sauce to the mixture
- Add other spices if you’re not satisfied with the seasoning of the sauce from the beans.
- Add sour cream, ranch dressing, or my favorite — Green Goddess dressing before rolling the burrito