It’s getting to be the time of year when there seem to be a lot more get togethers to go to. When we get invited to go to a picnic, potluck, BBQ, etc. and we have to bring a dish to share the first thing that comes to mind is Pineapple Pretzel Salad. I love this recipe because it is quick, simple, and tastes great!
Here’s what you need for ingredients:
- 20 oz. Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup of Sugar, divided
- 1 cup Salted Pretzels, crushed
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
In a mixer blend together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the sugar. When it is well mixed, add in the pineapple. Using a spatula fold in the Cool Whip. Spoon mixture into serving container. If you aren’t serving it right away, store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to dish it up.
Pour pretzels into zip bag. Crush pretzels using hands or rolling pin, or both. In a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in 1/4 cup of the sugar. Once blended pour in crushed pretzels and stir. Once combined pat the above mixture into an 8×8 pan. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool the pretzels. Once cool use a fork to break up the mixture. If you are making it up ahead of time, you can put the mixture into a container or zip bag. When ready to serve, fold in pretzel mix.
- Raun and I have found that we like more pretzels in it then the recipe calls for. So instead I usually fill a sandwich size zip bag full of pretzels then crush them up.
- Try mandarin oranges instead of pineapple
- Use light cream cheese
- Use light cool whip