I occasionally get emails asking if I accept guest posts on BackyardLifeBlog.com. Well, the answer is yes. Here are the guidelines for what I’m looking for and what I’ll accept:
What kind of content do you accept?
Simply put, anything that is useful for my readers. It can be related to camping, outdoor cooking (original recipes included), travel, and life experience. I’d prefer a minimum length of 300 words, but I’m not necessarily stuck on that.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
- Pictures are welcomed, but not required
- Please format your post as an HTML document or in plain text. I’ll adjust the formatting as necessary to match current standards.
- Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website.
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to Raun@BackyardLifeBlog.com. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as an attachment. Please send pictures in JPEG or GIF format. Attach them to the email as well.
I usually respond to all guest post submissions within a few days. I’ll reply with either a yes or a no. If you haven’t received a response within a couple of weeks, ask again.