Raun and I went camping Memorial weekend and we camp we like to try out different recipes for our meals. Of course we bring the usual bacon and pancakes, however part of the fun of camping comes with being able to cook over the fire. We tried two knew recipes, BBQ Chicken and Bratwurst Breakfast. The great thing about both recipes is they are done in a foil pack, so they are easy to put together, they taste good, and clean up is a synch.
The recipe makes enough for two people. Here’s what you will need to make the BBQ Chicken Foil Packs:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce (We used Higgy’s Original BBQ Sauce: A local sauce maker)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbls. of butter
Now that you have all your ingredients, let’s put it all together.
Here are some ideas that you try to change it up a little.
- Switch out the BBQ sauce for chunky salsa
- If you are in the mood for Asian style food, switch out the BBQ sauce for sweet and sour sauce. Remove the corn & green pepper and serve over rice.
- If you enjoy cooking right over an open fire, place the foil packs on medium hot embers. Cook for 15 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.