While I was in Nashville, I noticed a few things. Some of them I’ve heard of but never experienced. Some, I didn’t see coming. Here are five of my observations:
5. Drivers in Nashville are CRAZY! Within minutes of leaving the airport, I was nearly cut off twice by the same car — each time coming from a different direction!
4. Southern Hospitality is alive and well. The locals that I met were every bit as friendly and helpful as is rumored.
3. Southern Krispy Kreme doughnuts taste better than Northern Krispy Kreme doughnuts. When I’ve had classic Krispy Kreme doughnuts up north, the glaze would flake off with every bite. Not on the Southern ones — It soaks in like bread pudding.
2. The Meat and Three is a way of life. I like the idea and wish we had more places with options like that.
1. Chick-Fil-A did kidnap all the nice teenagers and force them to work in their restaurants. I ate there for the first time and the service was exceptional. (So was the chicken.)